Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Ol' 55 - Letting go of the old?

Evidently there's all kinds of significance to the number but that remains to be seen.  Talk is cheap and words have become further devalued since the internet has created so much more space to store them.  Here's a random bit though.  I like to throw things into the ol' Google search and click the first return that pops up:

Angel Number 55:   "Angel Number 55 is a message from your angels that it is time to let go of the ‘old’ that is no longer positively serving you, and get ready for big changes to take place in your life. Release old doubts, fears and perceived obstacles and look forward to wonderful new opportunities."

So according to this I have angels and they're telling me to just let go of everything that no longer positively serves me.  It's funny that I've been making an earnest attempt to do just that, for some time now, with varying degrees of success.  It probably wouldn't hurt to let go of a little more.

Another entry says that I am holding onto something from my past that's preventing me from pursuing my destiny.

Okay.

It doesn't really require all that  much digging, does it?  My dream from a couple nights ago fairly well lays everything out for me.

Mother issues.
Possessions.
Patterns of behavior that don't serve me, or even do less than serve me.  Let's throw in:
Self-sabotage.

It doesn't require Angel Numbers or Numerology, nor Astrology, nor any form of pseudo-science or mathematics.  You live a certain amount of time and you gather as you go.  Then you get to a point somewhere down the line where you have too much to carry.  That point, for me, was one day back in 1981 or so but it took me a while to figure out what the issue was.  It took about 30 more years.

So whatever.  I'm just prattling on at this point, and what's the point?  The point is maybe, and I return to this theme almost weekly, dating back to a blog post from way back when called HMS Metaphor or something like that... The point is that if you look hard enough and let your superstitions run amok simultaneously, that you can find a sign anywhere and in anything.  This is a metaphor for that.  That means this.  This means you better get off your duff and take action.

My superstitions exhaust me.  They're probably the very first thing to let go.  Why even hold onto them except out of habit?  Trying to find some kind of meaning, or holding out for the hope that The Universe is going to open up and explain itself is a very bad habit.  It's killed as many people as smoking.

One last note:  I saw a man outside the gas station this morning, a taxi driver.  He got out of the yellow taxi and rolled out a small rug and knelt facing the sunrise and prayed.  Did he pray for something specific or was he just giving thanks?  Did he ask for an explanation of some sort?  I wanted to ask him but that would be rude wouldn't it?

But Brooklyn is the city of churches.  There are people of every faith here kneeling and praying at all hours of the day and night.  It's not uncommon at all to see.  You hear gospel and chanting and such when you walk down the street.  Maybe the takeaway this morning is that after the man finished he just rolled up the rug and put it into the trunk of the taxi and went straight back to work.

Selah.

No comments: