Friday, June 10, 2016

Indeed... Cue the Royal Side Eye

Nothing against Indeed. Nothing at all really because they have truly streamlined the process of job hunting for the New Millennium (I think this must be the first time I've ever typed the word 'millennium' because I had to spellcheck it and realized I was missing a second 'n.' ).

There is a certain irony though that I have applied to work for them many times and always get the same response:

Hi MacGregor,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for our Account Executive - Staffing position. While your skillset and experience are impressive, at this time we have elected to move forward with other candidates whose experience is more in line with the role.

A number of factors went into this decision, namely the size and quality of the candidate pool. We’ll stay in touch and would welcome a chance to connect if another role opens that would be a fit for our group.

We genuinely appreciate your interest in Indeed and wish you success in your job search!

Best Regards,

Indeed Talent Attraction Team

Interesting...

They are certainly not talking about experience when they consider what is or isn't in line with their requirements. That is unless of course they are talking about no experience at all. There can't be too many people in New York City who actually have more applicable experience and are still willing to work for them. I'm considering writing and demanding an explanation. It might start something like this:

Dear Daft Cunts... 
What the fuck are you on about?

That sounds bitter and I'm not, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious.

No comments: