Saturday, May 21, 2016

Witness

I look up from my book as I am locked away in text and songs, and there he is.  There is always someone watching.  You are never truly alone.

Then of course the Davey & Goliath voice chimes in from just behind the sharp pain that's just behind my right eye.

God is always watching, Davey.

Okay, Goliath.  Do me a favor and stuff it.  Not now.  I just want to be left alone.

There he is though, with his... he looks disappointed, doesn't he? 

Well, that makes two of us, Wee Man.  That makes two of us.  Turn away and leave me to it.  I've got places to go and thoughts to think and it would be preferable to do it alone.

Not much privacy in New York City, and excuse me, God Squad, but I prefer to believe that if we are actually, truly created in Yer Man's image, he would understand why we would think having someone watching all the time is just fucking creepy.  And why would we not think like him?  What other point of reference does he have?

Look at me, arguing with nobody about a deity I don't really believe in.  I may really want to but I don't.   It's too complicated.   Too many questions make my head hurt.

No comments: