Saturday, October 06, 2007

Connection Works




I'd like to give a special big up today to a new non-profit organization called CONNECTION WORKS formed right here in the warm sunny bosom of Brooklyn. My boys took me today to Brooklyn Music Wide Open, the first of an ongoing series of shows/workshops/jam sessions hosted by this very special organization, founded by Brooklyn's own ROB GARCIA. It was truly a special day, run by and filled with very special people. My kids, on drums and keyboards in the photo above, walked out of there today floating on air. I can't tell you how cool it was...

Thanks to everybody from Connection Works.

12 comments:

Bina said...

You must be so proud.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the boys and to you Greg. Very cool indeed!
G

Paula said...

That picture is priceless. I wish I could have been there!

MacGregor Rucker said...

The workshop portion of the day was the best. A few kids went up and played Canteloupe Island with the band... the band members worked with each child, jammed with them etc. In the photo above, they were working on a song that my boys wrote (unfinished) and the band helped them work out different parts of the song. It's just so friggin' great that people are so willing to give of themselves, especially where children are involved. My kids were really touched.

bina said...

The band members are hot, too.

MacGregor Rucker said...

Bina--I'm not sure if any of them are single but I will forward them your e-mail and photos.

Bina said...

Please do!

Bina said...

Tell Michel Gentile that I used to play flute with Prism Jazz at Wellesley.

forwardnotstraight said...

Sorry Bina, I have to say it . . .
"this one time, at band camp . . "

Really, though, this sounds like a fabulous experience. Bravo and congrats to your boys, Greg. (Though I'm sure they're mortified that you've posted them on your Blog. Awwww, Daaaaaaad!):-)

bina said...

Stephe - whatever Allyson Hannigan said she did with her flute at Band Camp, I can assure you it isn't physically possible. The reasons why, however, are not suitable for this blog.

MacGregor Rucker said...

Believe me.. that Allyson ain't nuthin' but a stank ho. If she says she did it, I can promise you she is capable.

Bina said...

My lips are sealed.